From the Weekend

This weekend we headed up to Placerville for a wedding party in the backyard of my mother-in-laws house. Miles’ Aunt Stina is getting married in Portugal July 5 and this was the local celebration. It was a great weekend, but so dang hot. Saturday was forecast to be over 100 degrees which meant that I spent a lot of time with the little man hiding in the air conditioned house. The time spent outside Miles was mostly nekkid wearing just a diaper. I’m not sure if it was the heat or the lack of his precious swing or maybe he didn’t want to miss any of the party but Saturday was pretty rough on the little one because I think he only took two 30 minute naps the whole day, when he normally naps for at least an hour in the morning and a solid 2-3 hours in the afternoon and one quick power nap around 4:30-5 before bedtime.

Miles turned 11 weeks old on Sunday. He’s pretty solidly wearing 3-6 month clothing now with a few 0-3 in there but they are pretty snug and he’ll only fit them if he’s in disposable diapers. I cut dairy out of my diet about 2 weeks ago as I think it’s been causing some painful gas and fussiness in Miles. After a pretty rough Friday I am also now cutting out soy milk. He spit up more than I have ever seen on Friday and has had some (how do I put this) unusual happenings in his diaper this weekend. I called the doctor on Monday and she didn’t seem to think it was anything worrisome and that it sounded like I was doing the right thing by eliminating those items from my diet and hopefully we’ll notice it go away. So no cereal in the morning for me until I get some almond milk. It’s oatmeal for now. It makes lunch tough because I had been making myself microwave burritos or lasagna…and pretty much every “easy” meal has dairy in it. So I’m getting creative and thankful that his naps are a bit more reliable so that I can have time to make myself a sandwich and not just pop something in the microwave. It’s healthier for me too so I’m not complaining, but I can’t say it’s been easy.

I have started using the Ergo Baby carrier and now that I don’t have to use the entire infant insert (I’m still using the little pillow) it’s so much easier to use. And he seems to enjoy it too. I got creative during naptime Sunday morning and put on the Ergo and got on a tree swing in the backyard and started swinging. And my gosh…it worked!! He took a 90 minute nap.

We are home now and getting back in our routine. I started going to a moms group today and I’m really looking forward to the next 6 weeks of meeting. There are 9 moms and we all have boys which is pretty unusual. Miles is the second oldest in the group. I think it will be very beneficial to meet some other new moms.

From the Weekend

From the Weekend

From the Weekend

From the Weekend

From the Weekend


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s